English • 中文
Why do I need anti-virus software? Isn't Linux virus-free?
In the most part, Linux is engineered in a fashion that makes it hard for viruses to run. Also, because more PCs currently run Windows, it is more worthwhile writing viruses for the Windows platform. However, there are many reasons you might want a virus scanner on your Linux PC:
- to scan a Windows drive in your PC
- to scan Windows machines over a network
- to scan files you are going to send to other people
- to scan e-mail you are going to forward to other people
- some Windows viruses can run with Wine.