Certain high profile pages need to be checked to make certain they still work on Dapper. They have been broken down into High, Medium and Low Priority.
How to check a page
- Take a default install of Dapper
- an easy way to do the testing is to use the free VMWare Player with a pre-built Dapper install
- Dapper is currently not on this page, however, it should appear once Dapper is released
- Follow the instructions TO THE LETTER, no fudging
- If they work, note that on the page.
- make certain you use the released version of Dapper Drake, not a testing/flight version.
- suggested note format is at the bottom of this page. Note that it is positioned above the Categories.
- If they don't and you know how to fix it, do so.
- If you don't know how to fix it, make a note on this page, signed with your name
- If the page is correct or has been corrected, move the page name to the Done section and sign with your name
Pages to be checked
- RestrictedFormats - Note that the gstreamer0.10-dvd plugin has not been ported
- AddingRepositoriesHowto - repostiory dialog has totally changed for Dapper
- WiFiHowto - There is now a completely free driver for Broadcom
- BinaryDriverHowto - this and all it subpages. Might need major rewriting
- Installation/I386 - needs a complete rewrite due to Espresso. Should also mention Intel macs
- ThinClientHowto - ltsp has gotten easier to setup in Dapper
- DMA - has now been enabled by default
- UbuntuEyeCandy - should be renamed and GDM theme changer has changed completely
- Items 60 and below on PageHits
- Anything in