These guides are for setting up network connections. They explain such things as setting up network cards or wireless connections to get Internet or local network access.
Prior to configuring your networking adapter, make sure it is installed properly. Verify your installation has the correct module/driver to support the hardware. Check our sections on general hardware in case of doubt.
- Ubuntu:HardwareSupport - Main hardware support page.
- TroubleShootingGuide - Troubleshooting guides
- EthernetOverFirewire - How to use Ethernet over Firewire. (Work in progress)
- HardwareSupportComponentsWiredNetworkCards - Hardware support for wired network cards.
- AccessingNetwareShares - How to automatically mount Netware Shares.
- http://tldp.org/HOWTO/PLIP.html - How to use the parallel port to connect to two computers.
- WirelessDevices - Guides on installing and managing Wireless Devices.
- UbuntuWirelessRouter - Guide on setting up Ubuntu as a router, with wireless capabilities.
- UbuntuWirelessRouter/New - Details on why UbuntuWirelessRouter is being edited.
- Router - New guide on setting up Ubuntu as a router, with wireless capabilities.
- WifiDocs/WirelessCardsSupported - Hardware support for wireless network cards.
- Ubuntu:HardwareSupportComponentsWirelessNetworkCards - Hardware support for wireless network cards.
- UbuntuBonding - How to Configure the bonding driver
- WirelessAccessPoint - Howto setup a Wireless Access Point
- InternetHowto - General guide for getting connected to the Internet.
- DialupModemHowto - How to get your narrowband modem installed correctly.
- ADSL PPPoE connect - How to set up Ubuntu to use an ethernet ADSL modem using PPPoE.
- UsbAdslModem - How to set up Ubuntu to use a USB ADSL modem.
- BluetoothDialup - How to configure PPP dialup through a Bluetooth-compatible mobile phone.
- CableDialup - How to configure PPP dialup through a cable-connected mobile phone.
- MobileWirelessBroadband - Guides to installing and configuring mobile broadband (eg. iBurst) devices.
- IpwirelessPcmcia - How to setup Kubuntu for Sentech Mywireless using the IPWireless pcmcia modem.
See Internet & Networking for information on installation and use of Internet and network related software.